• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jesselillis

Found: Gear on TC

#2 Black Diamond angle piton high on the North Face bowl. That was 12 years ago, might be rusty.

a couple small BD nuts hammered into a shitty flairied cracks and with oz biners, also high on NF

DPS - I likely found your angle piton back in December. There was a mess of cord attached to it, but doubt the cord was yours. It's all rusty and such - should I send you a picture?

DPS, downey, I'm sorry to say I did not find the gear either of you left. I will however keep an eye out for both next time I'm on route.

The first BD angle I ever placed. Couldn't get it out. Stuck somewhere in the first before the runnels. If that's what you found, you can have it.

DPS - I likely found your angle piton back in December. There was a mess of cord attached to it, but doubt the cord was yours. It's all rusty and such - should I send you a picture?

Yes, please send a photo. It was left in a crack on a boulder high on the North Face Bowl, maybe a pitch or less below the exit pitches to the third couloir. My email is softwareninja@live.com. The cord was not ours, I remember attaching a locking biner to both ends of a sewn sling since it was our only piece in hundreds of feet of simu-climbing. I welded that pin. My partner whacked it a couple of times and delcared it fixed.

Dropped an old Chounaird straight sided nut up there years ago doing the runnel bypass (they were dry). Be a wonder if that's what you found though.

Managed to drop both a glove and a stubby screw when we were up there this February, but it would really really really surprise me if you found either!