Any beta from the south side?

CaleHoopes

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went up the Nisqually Icefall to 13,100 on a day trip two weekends ago. I skied from 13,100 down the Ingraham Direct and back to Muir via Cath Gap.

The area immediately above the top of Gib Rock is as broken as I've ever seen it this time of year. It's passable, but not a gimme like it usually is.

The Ledges appeared to be in decent shape and the big boulder that was sitting at the top of Gib Chute has either fallen or is buried in snow.

The Ingraham appears to be more broken up than usual as well, particularly the area just above Ingraham Flats and just below the top of Gib Rock. I couldn't ski through Cadavar Gap as it's melted out to rock and Cath Gap isn't far behind.

The upper mountain, above 12,800 looked to be in fine shape.

Thanks! That's some decent news - about the Ledges. Make sure and bring some probes to make sure those bridges are good.

Thanks to anyone else who has beta. We're looking at the Ledges this weekend if the weather holds and the route goes.