fightin'

keenwesh

this story sounds bullshit. Some guy at your friends party picked on you for 45 minutes and nobody said anything (including your friend, the host) and you just sat there taking it without fighting back or leaving while everyone watched?

A) you're an idiot

B) your friend is an asshole

We are all picking option C Rob: you have the reading skillz of a 3 year old.

Oh this guy was a total lone ranger, everyone was telling him to back off. A couple dudes told him that they were going to kick the shit out of him if he didn't cut it out. The entire time I was just trying to diffuse the situation, introducing myself, asking him what his problem with me was (you're a faggot). Telling him to mellow, no one is trying to fight right now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh is that right, bill? So actually he didn't hang around for 45 minutes as someone used him to break windows? If someone used me to break a window, I would not a) offer to fix the window or b) stick around anyway and try to make nice

Oh this guy was a total lone ranger, everyone was telling him to back off. A couple dudes told him that they were going to kick the shit out of him if he didn't cut it out. The entire time I was just trying to diffuse the situation, introducing myself, asking him what his problem with me was (you're a faggot). Telling him to mellow, no one is trying to fight right now.

So everyone is telling him to chill out, but he refuses to chill out, and after he broke the window with your body nobody kicked him out of the party or followed up on their empty threats? Not even your friend, the host?

Thanks for the concern rob, I am an idiot and an asshole, along with many of my friends, I think I handled this situation pretty perfectly given the circumstances.

he confronted me twice in a 45 minute period, maybe 5 minutes each, the end of the second one I headed out. I just found out from my buddy that his friends had been giving him shit all day, telling him that he couldn't fight anyone because he'd get his ass kicked, so I think he saw me and just singled me out to puff his chest up. I didn't leave because there were no attractive older women in my dorm room. Even after he shoved me I didn't think he was going to actually swing, and if he did someone would grab him pretty quick if I hadn't already smashed his stupid drunken face into a table, or broke a folding chair over his head (WWA style).

Thanks for the concern rob, I am an idiot and an asshole, along with many of my friends, I think I handled this situation pretty perfectly given the circumstances.

he confronted me twice in a 45 minute period, maybe 5 minutes each, the end of the second one I headed out. I just found out from my buddy that his friends had been giving him shit all day, telling him that he couldn't fight anyone because he'd get his ass kicked, so I think he saw me and just singled me out to puff his chest up. I didn't leave because there were no attractive older women in my dorm room. Even after he shoved me I didn't think he was going to actually swing, and if he did someone would grab him pretty quick if I hadn't already smashed his stupid drunken face into a table, or broke a folding chair over his head (WWA style).

That sounds a lot different than your original post, which made it sound like he was basically harrasing you for a full 45 minutes -- not twice and then you left after the second time. That sounds a lot more reasonable than your original post, which sounded pretty dramatic: "the guy was trying to fight me for at least 45 minutes."

Glad it worked out for you.

Edited by rob

Not trying to be a dick, btw. Just speaking my mind. The original post did sound a bit more dramatic than it ended up being. But I get it, shit like that makes your blood pressure rise. I almost got into a fist fight this weekend in a bike race, so I know how you feel.

I understand man, re reading what I wrote at 4 am I did gloss it up a bit. there was one point in the middle of the 45 minutes where the guy started screaming stuff about me being a fag across the room and I just ignored him with some other people and pet this super mellow yellow lab. saying, "whoa this is a nice dog" as he's screaming "you're going to let a girl fight for you dude?".

fist fight at a bike race? did they catch you doping or something?

fist fight at a bike race? did they catch you doping or something?

Rob is super agro. He's nearly kicked my ass several times for making route finding errors. :battlecage:

Actually, Rob is a very cool guy. The other dude must have been a dick or something.

Edited by DPS

LOL, like Frank Sacherer in aggro mode. The story goes: "On one occasion he was way above Beck's belay stance without a single intermediate piton. Beck anxiously called up to him to put in a piton. Sacherer spat back, 'Shut up, you chicken sh#t.'" Or on yelling at Tom Gerughty who had been climbing for about a month and was trying to follow him up "Crack of Despair" in Yosemite: "GERUGHTY, IF YOU STEP ON THAT BOLT I'M GONNA PULL YOU OFF GODDMANIT".

BTW, you handled that great. I use to love to fight. But as you age, you learn it gets much more serious than on the schoolyard, and you are but inches or moments away from serving a life sentence in the penitentiary. It makes you tend to reevaluate. And it gets there quickly. It is (hopefully) likely that this guy will hear about his horrible behavior from his buddies, and the next time he sees you he will feel both grateful and happy that you acted as you did in not kicking his ass.