"Tagging" climbs posted by a partner

Gaucho Argentino

Dear Moderators,

I was wondering about an idea I posted a long time ago and one of you said it was cool, if there was any chance to implement it. It would be something like FB when someone tags you, simply to be able to put a link in our profiles to those climbs we did but that a friend also in cc.com posted. In this case, for example, family members not necessarily climbers (not even in the PNW) that won't look into anyone else post, could follow our stories, and this will increase traffic in the site, and that is good for sponsors. Anyway, the technology seems to be out there, just an idea to implement it in this awesome site. Thanks, Pals!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, adding the ability for people who are creating TRs to tag other members as being on the trip, as well as having the ability to retroactively tag yourself on a climbs so it shows up on your TR list? That won't be too difficult. Very good idea!

Thanks for the positive note, KK and Jon...

I think it will be cool at a number of levels. For example,

1) My family in Argentina checks my profile from time to time, but they won't find a trip of mine that someone else posted in cc.com. That is for sure taking traffic off this site...

2) Climbers looking for partners can see the full list of climbs another climber has done, as opposed as only those that he/she posted. Better to decide if partners are good match...

I'm sure smart people would find even more reasons, and pretty much there is none why not to do it, right? :-)

Anyway, I can't say is my idea. FB, PICASA, etc, they already are doing it, and would be awesome if this can be implemented here.

Cheers, Buddies!!

GA