JDCH

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a weekend trip up Daniels. Road is open all the way to the trailhead. Have to cross Scatter Creek about 3 miles from the trailhead. It was deep in my opinion. A lot of vehicles made it, but a few small cars turned around. I have a little 2WD S-10 and didn't want to risk it, but also didn't want to turn around. So I just walked in. Scatter Creek was up to my knee and fast. Lots of melt going on up there. Snow line starts at the flats just below Squaw Lake. Have fun.

I was one of the cars that turned around at Scatter Creek last weekend (Honda Civic). Saw a few Subarus and SUVs go by fine. The water looked to be about 2.5 feet deep with a pretty steep incline on the far side. In general, the road on the way in is in pretty poor shape almost all the way through but is certainly passable until that point.

...yup Subaru got through just fine. Freaked the wife out with water coming over the hood, but that was mostly because we went in a little hot. If you ease your way in, shouldn't be bad. When we left on the afternoon of the 4th there were a bunch of cars in the lot... some small sedans.

• 3 weeks later...