Photo Gallery Feedback

jon

What best describes your gallery usage?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your gallery usage?

Hi Everyone,

We are hoping to get some more feedback on our photo gallery software. We realize this is one of the functionalities on this site that is frustrating and in dire need of some love. The purpose of this survey is to figure out just how much love we want to invest in it. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Feel free to rant away below!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to do this but I forgot to add a couple of questions.

The first two applies only to people who don't add descriptive metadata (title, description, keywords) to their photos. This is actually very important because if there is no accurate metadata it's impossible to search photos.

The last question is for everyone and has to do with the ability to add lat and long data to your uploaded photos, and being able to search for photos on a map.

I think one thing that would make the interface between gallery and TR a lot better would be for a thumbnail to show up in addition to the image tag (or maybe in spite of it?). When I am dumping a whole bunch of photos into a TR, it is a battle to label them as the system is set up (have to do endless previews it seems). Also, for some reason, the images tend to drop into the end of the TR, not where your cursor is (at least I think this is what happens). Lastly, the default image size is a bit small, and I usually go in and edit the tags to make them bigger (another time waster).

Thanks for looking into making the TR experience better and more efficient!

The biggest PAIN IN THE ASS about the gallery is no one EVER wants to look at their photos in filename order, EVER. The default should be descending chronological or at the very least please persist and restore our settings. Having to put it in descending chronological every single time I use the gallery sucks. That said, the recent improvements in speed are a big improvement.

just added my 2 cents - reckon i gotta be one of the biggest users of both the tr n' pic forums :) really, the most annoying thing is trying to find one of the 1000 pic i've uploaded quickly for another use - the general process of writing a t.r., which usually prompts my pix upload, is so time intensive that i skip steps where possible, and the detailed labeling is an obvious candidate - i might well go back and update them all if it was an option and would really like some easier browsing option for them all.

Just my two cents - I use Picasa in order to have a centralized online photo cache for all applications. When I do add photos to a TR, I've learned how to do so from my Picasa url instead.

I don't use the CC.com gallery simply because having my photos on multiple sites is time consuming. I'm trying to bump up my TR writing, but any changes to the photo procedure on cc.com isn't likely to change my behavior about TR's.

I only bump over to the gallery when someone uses an interesting photo in a post that I want to look more closely at.