Hanger Replacement at Vantage

JayB

have you all noticed the talus to climbable rock ratio at vantage? its like 70/30 with the choss in charge. in another five years these issues will be behind us and we'll all be picking shiny bolts and hangers out of the broken rock and taking them to be placed somewhere else.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

That would be mitch the bitch better known as retro-ball-less
[Moon]
KISS IT[/QB]

ever tried shrinkn ball disease...the man you call mitch the bitch led it after jim drilled the only bolt on the route...and he didn't use the cheater bolt...who's ball-less?? iam confused on your slander towards one of soundest pure mountaineers there is in this state. you and all the rest of the babies take note here: get a life man/woman and quit bitchen about removing bolts next to cracks...thats why you all might own cams...to put in the cracks....or did they teach that at the gym? Before any of you know it, drill might be outlawed not only in the wilderness...then what to do???Remember don't be afraid of your friends...they are around to save your arse.Marty...you nailed the point I was trying to make...the hoards gather around the bolts. I am not saying they are bad...really i guess i should have just said think before you drill and change the rock forever. wink.gif" border="0[big Drink][big Drink] and to all you sport climbers out there...isn't it great that you have to rely on someone elses thinking about where safe protection is located. tongue.gif" border="0 ooops, I guess max already reenlightened the world of mitch's abilities.

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]

quote:

Originally posted by Recriminator:
your the only one doing the regulateing, you crag police or what??

Hey sunshine wall is a climbing area, it can be crowded but it's cool, except when a bolt chop'in, hanger remove'in, noze in the air asshole shows up bitch'in about bolted routes.

That would be mitch the bitch better known as retro-ball-less
[Moon]
KISS IT

Rectalcramandeater, Go F*%K yourself. [Moon]mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0[Moon][Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Recriminator:
(1)your the only one doing the regulateing, you crag police or what??

(2)Hey sunshine wall is a climbing area, it can be crowded but it's cool, (3)except when a bolt chop'in, hanger remove'in, noze in the air asshole shows up bitch'in about bolted routes.

(4)That would be mitch the bitch better known as retro-ball-less
[Moon]
KISS IT

(1)Do you have your parking permit?Do you camp only where you are told you can?You don't drive on the dirt roads in the coulees?Do you build fires?Do you restrain your bowels until you can get to the lone, trashed, portable toilet?Do you read the bulletin board to keep abreast of the latest regulations du jour?Do you follow the recommendations of the Frenchman Coulee Climber's Coalition?

The Coulee has enough "Crag Police" without me.

(2)Sunshine Wall was cool when:*it was not crowded,*there was not a trail,*the only guide book was verbal history passed from climber to climber,*all routes ended at the top,*you could clear the loose rock from a new route without whining from gym climbers 100 yards away because they were scared when they heard rockfall,*bolts were not placed within arms reach of a protectable crack,*you could not clip three bolds from one stance,*you could turn over a rock without finding a papered pile of human excrement,*you could build a fire at the base of a route to warm your hands on a cold winter day.

Sunshine Wall is a shadow of what it was. If it is still cool because it is OK to be crowded because "it's a climbing area" then,so is Vertical World;and they have flush toilets.Recriminator has obviously been desensitized by too much time in that festering shithole of humanity on the wet side of the state.

(3)I chopped half of the bolts on one route there. They grew back bigger. I hammered the hangers flat. A sport climber bent them back and they are still clipping the same hangers like the true lemmings that most of them are. I gave up on that cause. I shouldn't have. At that time it could possibly have made a difference.

I have never stolen hangers. I installed two of the chain rappel anchors that were stolen, the one just right of "Party In Your Pants" and the one three cracks right of "Boschido".

I prefer to make my statements by the routes I establish and the style in which I climb.

(4)retro-ball-less?Recriminator, people that know me know better. Why don't you step out from behind your avatar and put your record up beside mine.

(5)Thanks guys. MaxSzy...Kevin