Farside - Sweet F*cker

astrov

Teh Phuzzy and I left behind a blue metolius TCU right near the top yesterday. Couldn't get it out. If it happens to fall into your lap, I'd like it back. Otherwise it can make a permanent addition to the route.

Edited by astrov

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet, I learned what gelignite was

Me too! That statement caused me to look it up too. Despite being the guy in charge of EOD for our company when I was military and having worked with a lot of dynamite and C4, I'd never heard of it either.

gelatin + Latin ignis fire + English -ite — more at igneous

First Known Use: 1889

Igneous rocks !:-) Ivans gonna turn that little thing into a fist crack! YEAH, GO IVAN GO!!!!

learned of gelignite when i read "the 7 pillars of wisdom," laurence of arabia's account of hanging out w/ fig-eaters in the Mighty Nefud back in the Big One - quite amusing actually, he constantly harangues and harps upon the unreliability of the coolie-carriers of said explosives, commenting on their Incredible Fear of the deadly loads on their backs, which they invariably ditched and pitched as far away from them as they could in moments of crisis - odd, really, given their latter fanatic acceptance of suicide-vests? nice to know shit can change :grin:

anyhow, ahem, to the business - blazing heat at the farside this afternoon - jim at his avocation - mike n' i did the climbs around the headwall, including the thieving crack aforementioned - the offending item was in fact well fucked n' stuck, and despite the best efforts of the both of us, remains there to this very moment - we could just barely manage to get one of 2 nut tools on the trigger and its deep stuck - there's a tad bit of play when you hook it just right, but you can't do much to effect a pull afterwards - reckon you made a nice contribution to the route :)

What? I told him you would have it hanging off your rack the next time you two met.

But, on a side note, someone was dead set on taking my neatly coiled rope at the bottom of WL and Adam's Ass to a climbing gym somewhere and posting a note about lost and found.

If this person is out there, I want to remind you that something is not lost if the person that left it there can easily retrace his or her steps to find the item. Anyone who may have left a rope at a climbing area would immediately know where it was left upon noticing it missing, which in this case it was not missing at all-just a little out of my direct sight.

Anyhow, I suggest that if you find a wedding ring in the dirt on a trail, pick it up and try to find the owner. If you find a car in a parking lot, maybe just assume the owner will be back for it.

Thanks for not stealing my shit and making me go to a gym.

I was there on Sunday (ozone) I have never seen so many people there. Probably over a 100 at one time. Funny how things change. I was once yelled at for telling someone about the Dropzone..... and now there are two billboards at the ozone telling everyone about it.

Such a shame friendships have been lost over something as trivial as what to name it. Considering one of the people arguing has never even been there.

Anyhow, I suggest that if you find a wedding ring in the dirt on a trail, pick it up and try to find the owner.

nonsense, send it to me - the universe has taken 3 of mine already, so, mine or not, i'm due (and i've been waiting to buy #4 until i've gotten one of the originals back) :)

Anyhow, I suggest that if you find a wedding ring in the dirt on a trail, pick it up and try to find the owner.

nonsense, send it to me - the universe has taken 3 of mine already, so, mine or not, i'm due (and i've been waiting to buy #4 until i've gotten one of the originals back) :)

"The universe took them"? Or, perhaps YOU lost them? :poke::pagetop: