[TR] The Pleasant Plinth of Prineville Pissed Upon - Emergency Appendectomy 4/20/2012

ivan

Trip: The Pleasant Plinth of Prineville Pissed Upon - Emergency Appendectomy

Date: 4/20/2012

Trip Report:

smith1a.jpg

the following might need a little interpreting i confess - so sorry, i meet to give you a gift - i planned a trip to steen's w/ powderhound and it failed as spectacularly and grandly as an atlas-rocket exploding in riotous orange on the test stand!

a long friday at work to be followed by a 1-day trip for the cool steen route on the other side of the dog-one plus whatever else we could manage - crazy mixup and i fucked up dinner w/ the family - found out my little brother was suddenly dying at my literal moment of departure from portland - bryan was kind enough to release me at the moment of truth - i came away w/ this little song-tale to cover the time, and hope, as he soloes hood, that is shall not cost him his hide

the manuscript, scrawlt into the back of this beauty, was subsequently set upon and savaged by two ill tempered german sheperds, who like every member of that ghastly race, detest True Literature - i lashed the thing back together from its torn ashes, the dregs of which follow below

touchstone9997.jpg

never trust a junker!

emergencyappendectomy-001.jpg

the augors were poor since ever fuck a'fore

a 4/20 friday before Prom - fear-cop emails for every federal employee?

the full-flood of pheromone-fucked adolescence - a strong tide rip of feeling in their frenzied senioritis

assemblies and half remembered days of "heathers" - The Big Fear of the Zietgiest crashing down Babylon's Shores

papers - prime lecturing on the perils of cynicism to a checked-out populace - china contained in a nut-shell - a peering glimpse into the souls of modern slave-peddlers' children - jesus, you ARE a bunch of bitter bastards!

promise of soothing recreational release to salve the soul - steen's serene prick ( round 2, after the snows and storms of yesteryear )!

did you know the Red Baron tendered his resignation from the yawning hill of the here-upon-earth-types near exactly a century go this very day? heroes in half-assed golf-carts welded to balsa-fuck-wood kites. no wonder these men would, after the tumult of their decade, attempt to tame everest's top only to meet the same terrible fate. :)

escape from easy employment - a plan adapted to changing purposes - sushi w/ children - a toast to times-going-by - fortune-cookie family abased to their good tastes (in bed)

i missed the turn!!! i take the blame for it, but a few minutes opens a gap no i-phone can bridge across generations - a stranger's phone in shanghai-runes, a curious asterisk in my cellular-discourse of old

you miss a date and what can you do? sit in the parking lot w/ burgundy and book for a minute or 2. i waited 30, then shook hands w/ hell, took the i205 round the portland-shell, to take time w/ the 'hund, in whose favor i dwell.

gripped in the full-swell of a fable to tell, i sensed a night i might remember well, if i could but bend it to the will of a whispered spell.

i made a mistake, it wasn't the first, borrowed a phone to inquire into the folks i'd left in the lurch - holy shit, was it Friday the 13th come late upon me as i lunched?!? emergency, emergency! all hands about that ship that seems to constantly be sinking!

a brother in hospital, hurting, got-rot and writhing in the pain only a penitent man can support - desperate need interfering w/ my joyrides across merry ore-e-gone

cold calculations - reptilian arithmetic

a newborne babe upon the world, you've head this before! - sister-in-law w/ suckling a'breast, could i forsake my own flesh and ever-after deem meself a member of Adams' Club?

jesus-god! sudden amid the clash of conscience! what if this was a few weeks hence, me amid Scheduled Insanity?!? that was sign and significance enough to turn my tiller True South, silverton-way, where weary miles could calm my Id

city-center - tom waits whaling - then cop klaxons, sirens splitting the night w/ flashing, whirling lights - the treble-sin of the suburbanite-commuter - cut from my musings i was, on the setting sun and the signs i'd seen before in lands lamentably faded, seen now only through the cloud-murk of a century past.

i arrive, feebled from bent-space, to the immediate Excising of the Offending Organ - a wife in calmly composed condition, just another day for the Children of the Lucky Chance - the 21st century, where only moral cowards can die of acute conditions.

the medical men assured of remuneration - we rend the town a mile or two to raise the ancestral abode of the Sackville-Linthwaites, high on its proud hill

puppies pissing themselves in their pleasure to be out'n'about in the mist-clad purple night amid the croak of cloud-cloistered frogs and frolicking barn cats, their eyeballs each a separate hue in the searching headlamp of a smoker's prodigal son - i walk them to the farm's gate - i know this place, this space of nocturnal-earth where every once in a while i've been Down by the Head, Sheets to the Wind, wooed by the chance of a sofa-bed!

tale of chicken murderers - horror of their half-hacked-back-up remnants on the kitchen floor :)

a grey sleep, gaunt before the mirror in the grim dawn, dogs howling to Get Out! postprandial ambulations - the shaping of a new course - my baby-whispering skills have always been shit! tunes in the hallway - white wine mixed w/ red and lemonade ice - sound waves wash us all - norweigian wood - yesterday - fire and rain and live dead always repeating - help me!

swallows the same here as everywhere - what care can they have for death a day away when they flit and slip upon a wind of mist over stone, stem and silent sky? i look at them but only see i. w-h-y?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Ivan, I hope it works out for your little brother...it sounds bad. I got a voice mail from the Hound looking for a partner but missed the call, hope he got one lined up and some laps in someplace.

he was home by noon the day after and no longer begging to be put out of his misery - i was particularly proud of his 1st choice in painkiller soon upon arrival - he'll be right as dodgers in a few weeks :)

Sir,

If you have not already retained the services of a literary agent, I humbly recommend myself to you. I have no experience in that arena, but believe that great art speaks for itself.

if you can get me one of them huge checks like they give the lottery winners (and/or actually tell me what any of the above means, as frankly it still baffles me a bit from the vantage point of a day or two :) ) you can call yourself me agent, bartender, priest, whatever :grin:

Sir,

If you have not already retained the services of a literary agent, I humbly recommend myself to you. I have no experience in that arena, but believe that great art speaks for itself.

if you can get me one of them huge checks like they give the lottery winners (and/or actually tell me what any of the above means, as frankly it still baffles me a bit from the vantage point of a day or two :) ) you can call yourself me agent, bartender, priest, whatever :grin:

Sounds serious dude, he called you sir and everything...

Glad ur bro's ok.

d