Climbing vs. alcohol abuse: is there a difference?

builder206

“…risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to:

hidden or exposed earth, rocks, ice, logs, stumps, trees, and other objects

cliffs

unstable snow packs or ice

still and moving water

limited visibility

hypothermia

frostbite

loss of balance or control and falls

errors of judgment

lack of preparation

equipment failure or loss

failure to act safely or within one’s ability

impact or collision with other persons

encounters with domestic or wild animals

becoming lost

remote locations with no communication and inability to get medical assistance

dangerous driving conditions

negligence of others…”

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read an outside article (can't remember who wrote it, probably the beers) about a dude who put up runout sketchfests while high as a kite on anti anxiety meds. he also described how hard it was to wean himself off the meds and the various relapses he had.

don't drunks usually survive car crashes because they go limp and not react to the impact? I heard that statistic somewhere... Could transfer to big climbing falls.

don't drunks usually survive car crashes because they go limp and not react to the impact? I heard that statistic somewhere... Could transfer to big climbing falls.

My co-worker witnessed a guy drive head first into the end of a guard rail on the interstate, and roll the vehicle multiple times into the ditch. By the time he had stopped to first-respond, the driver of the crashed vehicle was on his feet running away from the scene yelling "don't call the cops!".

it's harder to remove panties with dirtbaggery and runouts than it is with lemon gin

There is a select group of women who behave the opposite.

if that's true I have yet to meet them. the instant I mention something about sleeping in the back of a car and not showering for weeks with other dudes I find myself far removed from any female companionship.

One of the very few only things my father ever taught me, so he must have thought it was pretty important- "Forget flowers and candies and shit... liquor is quicker. Every time."

At 8, I didn't really understand why anyone would ever want "inside a girl's pants," but it did come in handy later. Thanks, Pah!

I can't see a difference, can you see a difference?

"...their combinations are limitless; none can comprehend them all. For these two forces are mutually reproductive; their interaction as endless as that of interlocked rings. Who can determine where one ends and the other begins?"

- Sun Tzu (beyotch)

:lmao: