a good day to remember...

ivan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also a good reminder that crazies are almost always the product of religion.

mcveigh's bio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh) doesn't show him as being a church-grown crazy though - shiiiit, when you're from the south, you don't need much help at all to be pissed off all the goddamn time :)

also a good reminder that crazies are almost always the product of religion.

mcveigh's bio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh) doesn't show him as being a church-grown crazy though - shiiiit, when you're from the south, you don't need much help at all to be pissed off all the goddamn time :)

McVeigh was a huge fan of The Turner Diaries, basically the bible for the Christian Identity Movement.

McVeigh was a huge fan of The Turner Diaries, basically the bible for the Christian Identity Movement.

seems more an example of crazy people creating a church then a church creating crazy people - i'll grant you there's a chicken n' egg argument to be made there - my main point at least on mcveigh was that he doesn't appear to have been raised in a psycho-religious context, going to public schools, for example, or sitting a pew twice a week to have fire n' brimstone rained down upon him.

seems more an example of crazy people creating a church then a church creating crazy people - i'll grant you there's a chicken n' egg argument to be made there - my main point at least on mcveigh was that he doesn't appear to have been raised in a psycho-religious context, going to public schools, for example, or sitting a pew twice a week to have fire n' brimstone rained down upon him.

true that, but I suppose that books like the turner diaries and programs like beck and rush serve as the new pulpit for extreme right-wing religion-based politics: anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-minority, tea party & guns, etc. Almost all of these positions are really just loosely couched forms of a new kind of theocracy.

true that, but I suppose that books like the turner diaries and programs like beck and rush serve as the new pulpit for extreme right-wing religion-based politics: anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-minority, tea party & guns, etc. Almost all of these positions are really just loosely couched forms of a new kind of theocracy.

you'd like this book, if you ain't read it already - indeed, the modern hate-radio industry grew out of rabid religiously based radio stations in the early 20th century railing against all those things

touchstone9997.jpg

thanks ivan, I just downloaded it for my flight to PUERTO RICO, bitches!

extreme right-wing religion-based politics: anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-minority, tea party & guns, etc.

what's your problem with guns, nancy?

I like guns -- I own a few. I just don't love em like Bill and the tea party love em. :)

thanks ivan, I just downloaded it for my flight to PUERTO RICO, bitches!

shit, i'd a been happy to pass on the wounded paperback i have - pat gave it to me, or maybe his girl after she'd had her way w/ it - ducktaped it back together while in zion, then this weekend wrote a lovely little peon to emergency appendectomies in the coverless back of it, only to have a pair of hellhounds lay into something vicious like - reckon it could still weather another satanist's possession :)

I just downloaded it for my flight to PUERTO RICO, bitches!
Watcha doin' in PR, rob? You gonna be able to hit the most awesome BVI?

Nah, it's a short trip so basically I'm just sitting in the sun and drinking rum.

Thx for the book reco, Ivan. It's a great read.