passive pro at Smith

pcg

Think I saw you out at Farside on Sunday... good place to learn the art. Lowering not advised; top belay and rap much better for you and your rope...

Yep that was us. We were looking for a route to top rope while practicing setting gear and Adam’s Crack seemed to fit the bill – except that there was no anchor that we could access without climbing. The folks on the route before us were kind enough to pull up our rope on their last climb and pass it through the anchor at the top of White Lightning and then through a directional sling and biner at the small maple tree near the top of AC. Now that I know the route and am confident I can lead it I will set up a belay farther up at the fir tree and do as you suggest. Thanks for your advice. I welcome any I can find! Holler and say hi the next time you see us. BTW thanks to Jeff (Geoff?) and Jim! Jim is quite the unselfish individual – a real class act.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow – lots of good suggestions and advice. This is all very helpful. I’ve compiled everything and am trying to plan out a couple fun days so when we get to Smith we can spend more time climbing and less time wandering and bumbling around like the newbies we are.

Many thanks to everyone!