Snow Creek Wall

spiderman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked pretty wet this weekend (at least most of the Pearly Gates - I did not get a look at the face itself).

Bridge Creek Campground is still closed due to snow and there is quite a bit along the road still even in Tumwater. If the temps stay warm like they are now, things should change soon, however (maybe 3 weeks?).

I was out there yesterday to climb Outer Space. The wall is completely dry and the descent is snow free. Ticks are crawling on the wall though. I found about a dozen on me while climbing. My buddy saw one climb the wall and jump at him!

The climbers trail is buried in significant blow down making it hard to follow.

hey locals, any idea when the tick population returns to a normal level? I was thinking that may was a "normal" tick time period.

was thinking of heading out there next weekend for a fam camping/chill climbing weekend. If memory serves right, it seems like the farther you get away from the road, the ticks get worse. True?

Edited by genepires

I have some 98% deet spray, but i'm hesitant to use that shit these days... Anyone use any sort of natural repellent with good results?

Try the natural Lemon Eucalyptus - reviews are varied, but it seems to work for me and not as toxic as 100% Deet.

Take it from one who has seen tick borne illnesses on their child and their friend - 100% DEET can't possibly harm you as much.

+1000

I grew up in NY and Lyme Disease is no joke (not sure if it's in WA) but I've been "DEETING" since a young lad and have no ill effects that I know of. My sister picked up Lyme and STILL has joint issues a decade after..