Sobo's Updates...

sobo

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Guess who!!!??? It worked! ;)

Sobo, at least let us know you're ok. It doesn't have to be a big deal. Super easy on a shitty dial-up modem or whatever you're working with over there.

Just say hello. Thanks.

I'm betting sobo's perv radar will pickup your avatar and draw him to post an update :-)

Whatever works!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
yer gonna be sooooo bored back here :)

Which is why I won't be staying for very long. I'm going from AFG to Dubai, where I'll spend a few days exploring my reclaimed freedom. I'll climb the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world), drive a dunebuggy in the desert, ride a camel, and buy some golden shiny things in the souk. Then I'm headed to my old childhood stomping grounds of Pisa (Italy) for 10 days on the beach at the Italian Riveria. Even flying the GF over from Seattle to meet me there! :hump:

Then flying into Dulles and spending a few days with the 'rents in NOVA, and then finally back Out West to you guys. For my son's 12th birthday, he wants to go on his first overnight backpacking trip, and he wants that to be with his old man. So we're headed into the ONF and up to Buckhorn Lake. I understand that there's an old plane crash along the way. Any of yous guys know much about that?

Finally, a week at home visiting friends and catching up on medical/dental/vision appointments before shipping out on September 01 for SAUDI ARABIA and the NEXT GRAND ADVENTURE!!!1

I guess at that point we'll have to lock this thread and start a new one for Sobo Updates from Saudi... :rolleyes:

I think the plane crash you're talking to is off a little spur trail right before Tubal Cain mine. Its an old WWII crash I think.

The fun part is going to the back of the Tubal Cain mine. There is a waterfall you can run through back in the mine....pretty fun.

I think the plane crash you're talking to is off a little spur trail right before Tubal Cain mine. Its an old WWII crash I think.

The fun part is going to the back of the Tubal Cain mine. There is a waterfall you can run through back in the mine....pretty fun.

Thanks, Porter! I did read somewhere that you have to take a side trail near an old mine to find the old crash site.

And I really appreciate the extra nugget about the waterfall. I hadn't read that anywhere. The kids will love it. Need headlamps to get there safely? Is it safe for kids (10 and 12 years old) to hike back in there? How far back in the mine is it?

Thanks, Porter! I did read somewhere that you have to take a side trail near an old mine to find the old crash site.

And I really appreciate the extra nugget about the waterfall. I hadn't read that anywhere. The kids will love it. Need headlamps to get there safely? Is it safe for kids (10 and 12 years old) to hike back in there? How far back in the mine is it?

Its been awhile, but I've done it a couple of times. Definitely want headlamps. As far as being "safe" its an old mine, so I can't guarantee anything. I want to say it goes back at least 100 yards? You'll know when you reach the back because people put their business cards all over the place. I would definitely dare Ulee to go back there.

There was these old sheets of metal I held over my head when running through the waterfall.

Also visited the old plane wreck a couple times. There are just a few scraps up there. but cool nonetheless.

http://exotichikes.com/tubal-cain-and-tull-canyon-trail/

• 8 months later...