Sobo's Updates...

sobo

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 my ever-lovin' ass! See here, ya little whippersnapper, we kin straighten you out right quicklike. :battlecage:

Seriously, thanks for the BD wishes. It's really tough for me to get to cc.com these days. I'm still crazy busy, and I have so many photos to upload now, and the connection speed here is so freak'n slow, that I don't know if I'll ever get them into the gallery.

Actually got really close to some locals on a base I had to go to. There was this really cool old British mud fort left over from the Brit's first attmept at Afghan colonization (1839-1842) during the early stages of The Great Game. Fascinating. And I got to see another fort (ruins) that legend has it that Alexander the Great built on his drive through Afghanistan to India, before he turned around and went back home to Macedon.

I'll be back in CONUS for the holidays, and will spend a few days with the 'rents in Virginia before completing the cattle drive to WA to be with my young'n for Christmas. Then it's straight back here for the final lap. Should be done here by late spring, unless I re-up... :whistle:

Happy Turkey Day Sobo.

[img:center]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Wild_turkey_eastern_us.jpg[/img]

Just be careful around the live ones. I hear they are direct descendants of the velociraptor

[img:center]http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/students/velociraptor/project_files/image007.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/velociraptors.jpg[/img]

• 3 months later...

Hey y'all! Sorry I didn't check in when I was home for Christmas, but I was pretty busy schlepping the young'ns around and doing that general holiday shite. I'll be back in the PNW in late April/early May for yet another dose of R&R.

Oh yeah - I was asked to extend my assignment for another 6 months (to October), and since I didn't have anything else earthshakingly important going on back stateside, I said, "Sure!" It seemed like a good idea at the time... :rolleyes:

One more thing... the internet connection at this new base (the third since I've been here) is total shit. It's like going back to 1998 and dial-up. It is so fook'n slow it's impossible to upload photos to the gallery for inclusion in this thread. I'll have to wait until I get home for R&R to upload anything. And I've got some doozies this time... ;)

One more thing... the internet connection at this new base (the third since I've been here) is total shit. It's like going back to 1998 and dial-up. It is so fook'n slow it's impossible to upload photos to the gallery for inclusion in this thread. I'll have to wait until I get home for R&R to upload anything. And I've got some doozies this time... ;)

Sobo, dude! You'll be carrying out last soldier out of there on your back at this rate. And are you also now transitioning those bases over to the Taliban and coordinating with their facilities staff instead of closing them? I mean, now that we're partnered up with them and all...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Sobo, at least let us know you're ok. It doesn't have to be a big deal. Super easy on a shitty dial-up modem or whatever you're working with over there.

Just say hello. Thanks.

I'm betting sobo's perv radar will pickup your avatar and draw him to post an update :-)

Whatever works!