Who is doing what this summer/fall?

olyclimber

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing a week or so trip to Yosemite in early june, Waddington range in late july, and I'd like to do as many spontaneous trips to the north cascades as money/weather will allow. I told some buddies I'd take them up rainier, might wait until august for that one.

For the next few weeks I'm limited to clipping bolts on gallatin choss and extremely predawn starts for solo hikes in the bridgers right outside of town, as long as I'm back on campus around 10 am I can make it to class.

I want to learn glacier travel and crevasse rescue skills this summer without shelling out hundreds of dollars to AAI or the like. I figure when the time comes I'll offer money or beer here for lessons and see what happens. My wife and I were really bummed when our plans to take the course at SAC fell through, since it's the only reasonably priced option that's close enough to where we live to be pratical.

Not 100% sure just yet. I will most likely just hang out around Washington, climb at the pass, leavenworth, enchantments, ect. I'm hopeing to knock out Liberty and Ptarmigan Ridges, Ptarmigan traverse, Torment-Forbidden traverse, Johannesburg NE face, Goode NE buttress, Backbone ridge w/fin, serpentine arete, Stuart complete North ridge, Slesse NE buttress, blah, blah. Maybe plan a trip into the Waddington range, or go back to the Bugaboos. We will see how much actually happens. I'm just excited to spend a few months outside.

Edited by jordansahls

Taking a road trip/bachelor party through the Canadian Rockies to Edmonton for my buddy's wedding in July. Planning on climbing like crazy while we're making our way out there. Any suggestions are welcome as we've never been climbing in the region before.

That wedding/climbing trip is the only big thing happening. Probably dragging a keg up the snowfield again, same as before...never gets old. Hopefully nobody steals my tent this time. Also helping lead a team up Rainier for a charity climb, which should be a bunch of fun for a great cause.

Never climbed in Darrington and would like to check it out this summer. Other than that, climbing local stuff and trying not to do anything too stupid.

hear, hear Josh. For now I'm just a taxi for a kid who plays a ton of baseball. I would love to get out to Index this summer and at least find a way to go on a couple backpacking trips along with all the other obligations I have found myself under. but taking photos, definitely on my list too.

Fighting the never ending battle against the man and these dumb things called responsibilities!

Last summer was St. Helens, Baker and Rainier (DC).

Working towards knocking off the WA volcanoes so Adams is on the list for this summer.

Hoping to get in an El Dorado climb and a few smaller outings up the I-90 corridor. Maybe Shuksan if I can swing it. As well as a crevasse rescue course in June on Rainier.

If all goes well I'll pull together a small team for Rainier again - only seems fair that weather work out this time and I can see more than 6 inches in front of my face! Right now though that may not be possible - just myself and a buddy who has even less experience than I do so we aren't going to risk it if we don't get a sturdy group together we all feel comfortable with.

We'll see!