• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billcoe

Rudest damned thing ever

two words: renters insurance. climbers are foolish not to have it unless they are homeowners, then they are covered.

NOt necessarily, considering my policy has a $500 deductible and after that will only pay a depreciated amount. Gawd, considering this and my very expensive yet crappy health insurance situation, I'm, about fed up with the whole "industry".

Wow, that really is a suxor policy. I've had renter's insurance for years until I bought homes. And now, of course, I carry hoemowner's insurance. There's a $500 deductible and it's FULL REPLACEMENT VALUE, man.

ditto, my renter's insurance from state farm is DIRT CHEAP and covers full replacement value. $500 deductible is not bad when you're talking about thousands of dollars worth of shit with a super low premium

I have a double-locking trunk on the car so if they break a window, at least the trunk release won't work. Not sure if it's all that easy to break into a trunk otherwise but at least it's safer than leaving car camping crap in the backseat of my truck - looking for a steel box with a sturdy lock system for that.

Really sucks that these guys got all their crap stolen.

When car camping for more than a night, I always move the expensive gear from the tent to the trunk during the day and take along the cheapo tent. Then just before I leave, I wake up the guard:

IcicleRidge_April2012_007.jpg

Our camp chairs were stolen from one of the upper sites at COR this past fall. I stopped by the ranger station on our way out just to mention it to the ranger (didn't want to bother with a police report or anything). He was extremely nice and seemed genuinely disappointed, saying that theft is extremely rare in COR.