Rudest damned thing ever

billcoe

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two words: renters insurance. climbers are foolish not to have it unless they are homeowners, then they are covered.

NOt necessarily, considering my policy has a $500 deductible and after that will only pay a depreciated amount. Gawd, considering this and my very expensive yet crappy health insurance situation, I'm, about fed up with the whole "industry".

I have a double-locking trunk on the car so if they break a window, at least the trunk release won't work. Not sure if it's all that easy to break into a trunk otherwise but at least it's safer than leaving car camping crap in the backseat of my truck - looking for a steel box with a sturdy lock system for that.

Really sucks that these guys got all their crap stolen.

When car camping for more than a night, I always move the expensive gear from the tent to the trunk during the day and take along the cheapo tent. Then just before I leave, I wake up the guard:

IcicleRidge_April2012_007.jpg

Our camp chairs were stolen from one of the upper sites at COR this past fall. I stopped by the ranger station on our way out just to mention it to the ranger (didn't want to bother with a police report or anything). He was extremely nice and seemed genuinely disappointed, saying that theft is extremely rare in COR.