Just another midwest newb looking for help,

TronaldDump

Hey, just got into seattle from the midwest, I got a little tired of cornfields and flatland and made the move on a whim. I've always wanted to get into rock climbing, I've done a couple of climbs and really enjoyed it so I know I'm willing to invest in some gear and take it seriously at this point.

I'm hoping someone can either point me in the right direction or take me under their wing and mentor me a bit. Unfortunately I'm new here and so don't really know anyone to learn from until probably late July early August when my friend gets back to town and would love to get a head start.

I'm willing to start on getting gear as soon as I know what to look for, my ultimate goal is to pick up trad climbing, so I'd like to gear up for that but with stuff that isn't too overkill for the gym either.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to pick it up at this point. I'll stand and belay you all day on that new route you're working on, pay for gas, we can use my ropes and pro., I'll even buy beer and burgers at the end of the day.

So, yeah if you can point me in the right direction as far as literature, gear etc..... I would really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic