• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
John Frieh

first ascent [TR] Mt Dickey (Ruth Gorge) - NE Face "No Such Thing as a Bargain Promise" (FA) 4/1/2012

Amazing stuff John!! It boggles my mind how much you guys can get done in just a few days (out of the office :) )

Amazing stuff John!! It boggles my mind how much you guys can get done in just a few days (out of the office :) )
I wanna play! ;)

I wanna play! ;)

me too!!! :wave:

Awesome John and Doug! Smash and Grab, Dine and Dash, whatever it takes.

You may have created a new sport.

Awesome John and Doug! Smash and Grab, Dine and Dash, whatever it takes.

You may have created a new sport.

Thanks dude. I dont know about a new sport... perhaps just a different way to approach climbing in Alaska for those of us that only have three weeks of vacation a year to work with.

"If it’s important, you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse"

I hope to see you all at the Feathered Friends show Thursday. Beer for Vantage! :brew::wazup:

Way to throw down, geezs fly in, one day of scoping potential lines, three days later fly out with new FA, impressive!

Great job to the both of you!

Also great to hear Paul is still out flying. I flew with those guys ages ago (1994) and I still mention them to anyone that is talking about heading up there.

I really need to get back to AK.

Nice 4 days of work John and Doug. Talk about a lightning strike! Things have sure changed since "back in the day". Our shortest trip into the Ruth was 40 days. Now you young guys are knocking off fantastic first ascents over a long weekend. Mega-props...

JK

Check out some more photos and a write up by Doug Shepherd over on the NW Alpine blog!

I enjoyed the write up!!! Thanks for sharing!! So stoked for you guys!