• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sickle

What to climb in Washington in April?

Hi. I am new to the state. Can someone suggest a good alpine climb that would be accessible this time of year and can be done in a reasonable day? Maybe a nice alpine ice couloir or easy rock/mixed ridge? I lead 5.10a/WI4. Website suggestions pointing out what routes are typically in shape in what months would also be welcome. Thanks!

I'm also interested in some recommendations. I'm new to winter/spring climbing and am wondering what kind of conditions to expect a couple days in to this upcoming weather window (so about Monday and Tuesday). With the bottomless snow throughout march, will any routes on the volcanoes or colchuck area be doable / not a death wish?

Spring conditions for sure. Be wary of sun exposed slopes in the afternoons, cornice collapse, wet slides, etc. My guess is that climbing conditions wouldn't be the best right now especially for stuff to do in a day. TC's might be worth a look but that's a pretty long day. Maybe Zipper or something on Lane Peak?

I would also suggest a hike up to Muir or rock climbing at Index.