Central Oregon climbing partners

bedellympian

I just moved to Bend. Relative climbing novice (lots of outdoors experience and fitness) looking for partners. Craging at Smith and peak bagging in Cascades are my main objectives.

I have no trad experience but want to learn. I have a handful of sport and gym exp.

Know basic glacier travel and self-arrest technique. Comfortable with winter camping, back country skiing, scrambling, backpacking, etc.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to C.O.!

You might want to connect with the Cascades Mountaineers (no relation to the mounties up north). There's a lot of people from the club that head up to Smith Rocks regularly, and a lot of people who do more alpine & glacier climbs. they usually have a meeting the second Wednesday of the month at Environmental Center on Kansas street in Bend, This week they're having a gear swap...

www.cascadesmountaineers.com

Thanks for the tip. I have been going to their meetings and did hit up the gear swap. They seem like nice guys but lacking motivation and technical know-how. During the winter all I heard about was a campout on Tumalo and a couple snow shoes that were 4-6 miles round trip. Their summer schedule looks better but I'm hoping to hook up with some stronger and more knowledgeable people.