BD Nut Tool

NoBolts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a joke. I can't believe anybody would actually be dumb enough to think his medical expenses should be covered for pulling something like that. Though I do plan on suing the Home Depot if I ever get hurt when using bits of slung 2x4s to protect wide cracks. Not a good trolling attempt, but he gets a few bonus points for amusement.

Hey all

To start off I wanted to tell you a bit about my climbing resume. I am an East Coast trad climber with limited experience, and you will never spot me clipping a bolt. I've redpointed tons of routes in the gym, and people seem to really like my enthusiasm for the climbing culture when I yell beta like "Let's go! and Venga!".

Ok, so back to why I am really here. I am currently sitting at my desk with 2 broken ankles because I took a 40ft whipper when usin my BD nut tool as a sky hook. I ran out of protection at the crux sequence and had to aid through a very technical 5.9+ section while bypassing three bolts. The improvised sky hook worked well until I tried to use it in a "stein pull" placement, and it surprisingly fractured, leading to my fall.

BD has been unresponsive to my requests for them to pay for my medical treatment, even though it was an obvious result of gear failure. What do you guys think?

I wonder what Jesse Jackson would say about this? It was, after all, a BLACK nut tool that fucked up a (incredibly pale, clearly a sun deprived Northwesterner or a Minnesota lad) white boy....hmmmm....Yeah, didn't think he'd speak on this one.

Jesse? Where are ya babe???? .......WAIT! HERE HE IS HERE HE IS!!!!

KEEP_STOKE_ALIVE.jpg

Thats all you need to know. If you need to borrow Buddy the bong hitting bears imaginary bong to recoup, maybe we could work something out. You could do a nut tool hooking seminar for us. Here is is drawing too deep, again, and trying to stifle a cough. Again.

Buddy_Bear_the_substance_abusing_Bear_and_some_Fixe_chain_anchors.jpg

BTW, Steve Byrne related that he got 3/4 of the way up Mescalito on his first solo one winter long time back and needed to make 2 hook moves in a row. Tragically, (over used word, it wasn't really a tragedy:-) he was standing on his only hook. So he swapped out his hook for his fifi.....

435400.jpg

....then took a 40 footer when it slipped. Might have already passed the statute of limitations for a lawsuit though.

Way to be creative bra! Maybe ya need some gore pics of the bone sticking out 4 inches to troll a few more in. A for effort still. Nice. What else is happening on Minnesota climbing.com these days? Long winters up there eh?? LOL!