BD Nut Tool

NoBolts

Hey all

To start off I wanted to tell you a bit about my climbing resume. I am an East Coast trad climber with limited experience, and you will never spot me clipping a bolt. I've redpointed tons of routes in the gym, and people seem to really like my enthusiasm for the climbing culture when I yell beta like "Let's go! and Venga!".

Ok, so back to why I am really here. I am currently sitting at my desk with 2 broken ankles because I took a 40ft whipper when usin my BD nut tool as a sky hook. I ran out of protection at the crux sequence and had to aid through a very technical 5.9+ section while bypassing three bolts. The improvised sky hook worked well until I tried to use it in a "stein pull" placement, and it surprisingly fractured, leading to my fall.

BD has been unresponsive to my requests for them to pay for my medical treatment, even though it was an obvious result of gear failure. What do you guys think?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, climbing is more than just following shiny bolts with a rack of quickdraws. My climbing "mentor" once told me to never be caught with a qd on my harness, alpine draws only. The first time I top-roped I didn't even pull on the bolts.

did your mentor instruct you to use equipment in a manner that is inconsistent with it designed purpose?

You don't like bolts? No problem, don't use them.

To even think that BD has any liability for your obvious poor choice in placing a nut tool as a piece displays a great amount of ignorance.

You like NOT having broken ankles or worse? Then use the right tool for the job...........DUH!

Hey all

To start off I wanted to tell you a bit about my climbing resume. I am an East Coast trad climber with limited experience, and you will never spot me clipping a bolt. I've redpointed tons of routes in the gym, and people seem to really like my enthusiasm for the climbing culture when I yell beta like "Let's go! and Venga!".

Ok, so back to why I am really here. I am currently sitting at my desk with 2 broken ankles because I took a 40ft whipper when usin my BD nut tool as a sky hook. I ran out of protection at the crux sequence and had to aid through a very technical 5.9+ section while bypassing three bolts. The improvised sky hook worked well until I tried to use it in a "stein pull" placement, and it surprisingly fractured, leading to my fall.

BD has been unresponsive to my requests for them to pay for my medical treatment, even though it was an obvious result of gear failure. What do you guys think?

Lame Nichols parody, this should be in spray.......