Quotes

willstrickland

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think you are not living today. You think that tomorrow you will be. Right now you are dead, yet not dead. You are a soul caught between and left to suffer; you didn’t respect life, you didn’t live your life as you should have, and you wasted it away. You chose your limbo. You face that decision each day, but now your mind has changed. You wish to make tomorrow today. You want to live. You want to dream. You want to hope. You want to love. You want to hate. You want to discover. You want to believe. You want to taste. You want to smell. You want to hear the birds and the rustle of tree leaves in the fall. You want all of this, but I don’t have the power to give it, only you do.

AllYouCanEat...JH

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I wll face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Frank Herbert...

"'Tis said that the wolf, who makes a cache of his prey, and brings his fellows with him to the spot, if, on digging, it is not found, it instantly and unresistaingly torn in pieces."

Emerson - Essay on English traits...

From this month's Climbing mag:

"This is bullshit, blurts Jim Donini, perhaps touched by a little "anemomania" - wind madness. "This sport sucks. In my next life I'm playing baseball. Those sons-of-bitches get paid millions of dollars for playing a kid's game. I bet my ass every time I get on one of these granite tombstones and I don't get paid a goddamned dime. Fuck this."

"We can easily become as much slaves to precaution as we can to fear. Although we can never rivet our fortune so tight as to make it impregnible,we may by our excessive prudence squeeze out of the life that we are guarding so anxiously all the adventurous quality that makes it worth living."

-Randolph Bourne

"There's a race of men that don't fit in,

a race that can't stay still.

So they break the hearts of kith and kin,

and they roam the world at will.

They range the field and they rove the flood,

and they climb the mountains' crest.

There's is the curse of the gypsy blood,

and they don't know how to rest."

verse one, Robert Service

"The men that don't fit in"

I like this guy, even though he is a little long winded.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory no defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

You say the hill's too steep to climb

Climb it.

You say you'd like to see me try

Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time

And I'll climb

That hill in my own way.

Just wait a while for the right day.

And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds

I look down, in the sound of the things you said today.

- Pink Floyd - "Fearless" from Meddle