Quotes

willstrickland

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But mountain climbers find it hard to live without dreams and goals. We are gripped by the idea that we are seekers and conquerers of a barren land, doing things that a "normal" person would never envision. But mountaineers are only different in the activities we choose because we have

found, within ourselves, somthing that all are seeking. It is hard to live without that feeling once experienced. Perhaps we are only different fromt those who have the dreams - but do nothing about them.

-Silvo Karo

ISAIAH 2:2-3

In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.

Many people will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”

I always thought it was a good excuse to skip church and go climbing. wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

Nope, I generally find it too tough to climb in my dress
rolleyes.gif
and if it got ripped I woulden't have anything to wear to church. Aren't you the guy seen climbing in drag at exit 38? Maybe I could borrow one of yours.

I've got a black lacey number you can borrow. I had it altered to include gear loops.

pope, I posted the quote because it has meanings on many levels. I use it with my students to try to inspire action of some kind on their part. So many do nothing with their lives, educationally or otherwise. It was not meant to dis or irritate anyone. I do feel for the family Alex left behind. I too am a dad and that is risky and a challenge. But I am not going to stop climbing. My family is very supportive and encouraging of my pastime.