Anyone have a month to spare this summer?

TheNumberNine

I'm considering climbing every major volcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc in a single push North. Maybe do it to raise some money for California State Parks, maybe just do it for the hell of it. I need a partner who is down to just bum it for the length of the "expedition".

Cmon! Who wants to climb their nuts off this summer?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduate from UC Santa Cruz in mid June. I'm hoping to be climbing by the end of June/beginning of July. I don't think it would be too difficult to plan nor would it be that expensive. Drive a few hours, climb for a few days, drive a few hours, climb, etc. I'm not looking to do a speed record or anything. I think it would be a lot of fun!

Wish I could swing something like that. Just out of curiosity, what is on your list of "major volcanoes"? I think it goes without saying that Rainer and Shasta should be on the list. I somehow doubt Mt. Tabor will meet your criteria. Where are you drawing the line? Is it a height thing? Does difficulty play into it? I look forward to seeing a TR when all is said and done.

Does experience matter? I have very little experience because I live in St. Louis but am moving to the Seattle area no later than the first week of June. I have a car and am in excellent shape so I would haul any gear around for us...I'm a quick learner and easy going. I just want to get into climbing seriously and this sounds like a great way to do it. If you already have a partner for this endeavor I would still love to tag along if possible. I would need to learn a lot but I would pull my own weight. Message me if your willing to take a newbie on.

Wish I could swing something like that. Just out of curiosity, what is on your list of "major volcanoes"? I think it goes without saying that Rainer and Shasta should be on the list. I somehow doubt Mt. Tabor will meet your criteria. Where are you drawing the line? Is it a height thing? Does difficulty play into it? I look forward to seeing a TR when all is said and done.

I was originally thinking anything over 10k.... I don't really have much of a desire to hike to the top of a small scree pile because it is technically a cascade volcano.. I'll update when the list is more solidified.