Lost Cams at Vantage, Wa.

IndianolaTom

Vantage, Wa.

Sometime between Saturday evening and sunday midday (3/17 or 3/18) I lost track of a carabiner or two containing three or four solid-stem (old style) friends and three or four u-stem TCUs of similar vintage. Probably all clipped together or onto at most two seperate biners.

These were given to me by a friend who gave up climbing, and they have some sentimental value to me. Obviously, there was enough gear there to be a major loss to me in terms of my rack, too - all my cams.

I am pretty sure I left them at the base of Bob's Your Uncle, on the Sunshine wall, where I used some of them to build a belay anchor just before dark. This was also the scene of a minor accident the next day (sunday)(another party, unrelated), so they might have gotten picked up in the fray/aftermath.

Alternatively, I did not realize they were missing until about 11 the next day (Sunday), so I could have dropped them on the trail or at the camp, but I don't think that happened.

The slings on the Friends were very distinctive home-made jobbies - you'll know them if you see them.

I will of course pay shipping (and for a beer) for anybody who returns them. PM or call number below. Thank you in advance!

Tom

360 seven-one-oh 0045

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic