Kandahar Kountdown

sobo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My job will require me to travel about southern and western AFG a fair bit, like prolly 50% of the time while in country. Travel is primarily by helicopter, chiefly Blackhawks. Ground transport is extremely frowned upon. If there's no other way to get me to a site by helo, then ground transport is undertaken, with me in Level 4 body armor and a Fritz inside an APC in the middle of a military convoy. I'll also be issued a CBRN mask as part of my MOPP. I've been advised to keep the Fritz and the BA handy at all times.

Sounds like you've got a bunch of it covered - keep your wits about you, stick close to guys who know what they're doing, and don't defer on things when your gut tells you otherwise.

Take care and all the best to you...

...we still have a date for Lightning Dome one of these days.
This is true. :)

quit moving in on my territory OW! i have a date with him too.

No reason we couldn't make it a threesome. :laf:

At first I was worried about stirring up a jealous catfight. But upon OW's reply, I find myself curiously aroused by the implication... :whistle:

Sobo, it sounds like an awesome opportunity and big time challenge which I'm sure you will handle with aplump aplomb and elan. (if those words don't work just make up a couple, you know what I mean) Congrats all the way around.
Fixt it fer ya, Bill. Thanks for the well wishes!

Hey Sobo -

I have a dirt nerd buddy due to be in country for the new embassy work.

Similar situation?

Similar mebbe, but not same. Not embassy work. Troop infrastructure/logistical support facilities.

Well best of luck to you out there Sobo, and watch yer ass!