Young crusher, 12 y/o sends 5.13d

glassgowkiss

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete...He actually is the "anti-bad ass". He is just a really earnest kid who tries his hardest. Absolutely loves climbing...

He is also far from unique, as Bill said. Every year, it seems that each youth bracket gets stronger and stronger as these kids keep redefining "breakthrough"...I can't even imagine what Europe is like now.

He has a whole cadre of kids that absolutely CRANK. Sitting in the stands watching them "perform" is breath taking...

apparently Ashima, at the age of 10, has just sent Crown of Aragorn, at V13!!!!

Drew spent some time with her training in Atlanta last august. His quote was basically "Dad, she's unbelievable. She never never goes wild, does crazy moves and has incredible core strength and tension. And, her fingers make mine look weak." He was blown away by her.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! You don't want to compare my grades to most little kids but especially your son unless you need some belly laughter LOL. Congrats to the boy on the 5.14!

OK, I'll fess up. I climbed with my boy and his buddy over spring break week, it was awesome. The awesome part was how stoked they got. Hardest thing that wasn't a bolt clip up was Frogland in Red Rocks. Less than 3 hours on route which I consider good time for 3folks, 2 of whom are beginners. We had good changeovers. Stan Miller and Steve Lyford did that for the first time last year (onsight - W/no topo) from the base to the car in 1:40min at the end of a long day in BlackVelvet Canyon - timed.

Here they are on their first gear leads ever.

Shaun_Coe_first_lead_Red_Rocks_1.jpg

Calvin_first_lead_RedRocks.jpg

Edited by billcoe

Fantastic that he broke through to a new grade.

Cool that you're proud papa.

Lame "so what did u do" comment.

. Haha wasn't trying to be snarky! Just meant it as did you achieve a long standing goal or did you go on vacation! Both have merits...hanging at the beach is really what I needed given the pickle I am in at work. That being said drew has worked his ass off and I had to give him this chance.

LOL! You don't want to compare my grades to most little kids but especially your son unless you need some belly laughter LOL. Congrats to the boy on the 5.14!

OK, I'll fess up. I climbed with my boy and his buddy over spring break week, it was awesome. The awesome part was how stoked they got. Hardest thing that wasn't a bolt clip up was Frogland in Red Rocks. Less than 3 hours on route which I consider good time for 3folks, 2 of whom are beginners. We had good changeovers. Stan Miller and Steve Lyford did that for the first time last year (onsight - W/no topo) from the base to the car in 1:40min at the end of a long day in BlackVelvet Canyon - timed.

Here they are on their first gear leads ever.

Shaun_Coe_first_lead_Red_Rocks_1.jpg

Calvin_first_lead_RedRocks.jpg

Sweet Bill!! Extreme family vacations! There has got to be a market for that! :-)

• 1 month later...