why you should go to Canada?

Dane

In my world and in the Alps the Corvids are the reincarnated souls of our dead mountain partners.

I see Gary, John, Kim, Jack or a host of others known or not known to me....sitting back having a cig while watching us mortals getting lost as we snicker snack the opaque oblivion with our vorbal blades. (that would be a Nomic on water ice to you unwashed heathens :eek:

Much as we would now in the corporal form after a good battle, meal or wild sex with a cigarette, fine glass of wine or horn of mead in hand!

Best to leave an offering first and hope for what ever remaining luck the Corvids might pass on to us!

I prefer to ditch the virgins first thing myself, in hope for the best results on any snicker snack mission ;)

conan3.jpg

what do ya think, a little over the top? Yep, I am feeling better!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a nice trip.

Don't think they were eating nicotine for the nutritional content, think they were eating it to get high.

What days were you guys up there? I was up there 2 weeks ago and soloed Rundle when the partner bailed. The ravens where above the summit soaring the 40mph 5 deg F wind.

Ended the trip by cracking my R radius with TR icefall at Haffner. Not bad though, doc says 4 weeks and it will be healed.

33-RAVEN.jpg

It's just a hairline fracture, a little painful but fast healing. The Canadian healthcare is A+

Dang it, I was there 16 to 22, maybe next year we can "hook it up"

Nothin zexier than a hardwoman leadin ice ;>)

Did the summer scramble route on Rundle on a whim, only conceived the day before. went to Monods and read the beta in "Canadian Scrambles", it said, don't even think about this route if there's any snow. So that made it a climb, 40deg snow covered smooth slab crux in crampons and 1 X15 tool with 400' cliffs on either side.

5,000' gain. 9600' summit. Felt good to bag a Canadian alpine summit in winter. I'll do a TR when I can type with both hands again.

Did u guys do the right side of WW? I'm jelly of ur Marble canyon climb it looks so cool

Corvids are considered the smartest birds, at least as smart as cats.

Ted is smarter than most cats I've met. He's MENSA-level in his trickery. I like Dane's idea that they're the our lost friends reincarnated. If that's the case, the Weeping Wall Ted is John Lauchlan which could explain the cigarettes...

Good to see Nastia putting those Nomics to work. They wouldn't see that kind of action in Washington.

Thanks for the new "used" Nomics, Einar. Love them, and the Cascade picks they came with.

4200' of ice climbed and one tool got stuck once! Dane is a witness.

But with Cobras... 2-3 times per pitch.

Good to see Nastia putting those Nomics to work. They wouldn't see that kind of action in Washington.

Thanks for the new "used" Nomics, Einar. Love them, and the Cascade picks they came with.

4200' of ice climbed and one tool got stuck once! Dane is a witness.

But with Cobras... 2-3 times per pitch.

I made the switch a month or two ago, the nomics are incredible tools! gotta be careful that you don't get overzealous with your hooking.

the nomics are incredible tools! gotta be careful that you don't get overzealous with your hooking.

Keenwash it is impossible to get overzealous hooking ;)

I can only atest to what I saw, which was this: Nastia...our ice princess with her magic Nomic!

Xena_Warrior_Princess-350.jpg

Since we were up there at the same time I'll add a few pics to the pile no late 70s early 80s barbarian stuff sorry.

WW

DSCN1412.JPG

Joe on WW

DSCN1404.JPG

Johnston Canyon

DSCN1416.JPG

Fun shroom line Johnston Canyon one that I've wanted to do for some time a little more creature feature than last time I saw it.

DSCN1417.JPG

I'm diggin the shrooms & creature feature

DSCN1427.JPG

Go North!