Downhill boots for Mantras

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you in right now? What are you feet like? Do you have kancles?

Nordica Speed Machine 8. They are a bit old.

I have chicken legs - you can definitely see the achilles tendon, etc. I am currently cinching down my boots all the way on the top two buckles (which I only started to have to do this season), and am feeling a bit of slippage even when doing this. Boots are likely blown out after 6(?) seasons. Feet are on the wide side.

Tecnica's fit wide feet better.

If you ski a lot I'm of the opinion finding a good fitter comes first, then have them recommend the best boot for your feet, then have them tailor the boot if necessary. Why spend all that money to ski to have your feet ache/hurt/kill the entire time? I have odd feet and I was lucky in that the shop owner had the same feet as me and knew exactly which boot to put me in.

Tecnica's fit wide feet better.

If you ski a lot I'm of the opinion finding a good fitter comes first, then have them recommend the best boot for your feet, then have them tailor the boot if necessary. Why spend all that money to ski to have your feet ache/hurt/kill the entire time? I have odd feet and I was lucky in that the shop owner had the same feet as me and knew exactly which boot to put me in.

I'll be seeing a fitter, but hoped for some folks to chime in with boot x,y, and z. Coinciding a boot with a progressive sale would be awesome. If that does not work, I'll wait until next fall and pay full price if need be (I paid full price for the Mantras)

Dalbello's three piece boots are quite nice. What do you mean by wide? Are you, like, 100-105 in the last. I have ridiculously skinny ankles and a relatively skinny last (about 98) and I've had great luck with the Dalbello Krypton Rampage (with the 110 tongue). If this style of boot fits your foot the Dalbello Kypton Cross could be a responsive boot. Whatever you decide you should give serious consideration to throwing down on an Intuition liners and a custom footbed.