FS North Face Baltoro Parka Med 375 n mo exp gear?

jrwclimbs

All black (soak up that solar warmth!), used only on one trip to Denali and is still like new! Keep yourself toasty on the Big Mac or St. Elias this or next year, and train now with it on Rainier or Baker.

It is a medium, and does not have the Radiant lining, which was less breathable, less comfortable, and broke down over time. The inner and outer pockets are excellent for stowing gloves, hot water bottles, all your summit day snacks, camera, etc. The hood alone is incredibly warm. I added longer cord to the zipper pulls to make it easier to use when wearing gloves or mittens.

Here's one review:

Probably the most technical and functional down parka ever made. This mountaineering jacket is insulated with amazing 700+ fill goose down, hand-filled into 33 separate chambers to eliminate down shifting and cold spots. GoreTex® DryLoft membrane adds water resistance, extreme breathability and wind protection. Detachable down-filled hood is "storm-proof". Articulated elbows and "arms up" construction increases freedom of movement. Reinforced elbows. Two-way zipper. Two front pockets with Velcro® closures. Two interior mesh water bottle pockets, and two zippered interior pockets. Adjustable drawcord hem. Stuff sack included. Length: 30". Weight: 2lb. 11oz. Size: M(38-40)

And more reviews at:

http://www.summitpost.org/outdoor-gear/baltoro/211

Here's the pic at my craigslist post:

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/spo/2860264683.html

ALSO... I'm considering selling my OR Brooks Rangers overboots (fit size 9/10 US plastics) and my super toasty North Face Solar Flare -20 F down bag. (Very comparable to a -30, and did fine for me at sub -30 on Denali) Email me if interested!

Cheers!

Jeronimo in Bellingham

Tags: TNF, Baltoro, parka, down, 700, 800, fillpower, expedition, Denali, McKinley, compressable, north face, dryloft, gore

Edited by jrwclimbs

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic