Spanking your child doesn't work the way you want.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad was an engineer; he used a belt (always). Mom wasn't much help as she requested the beatings. We use to wear multiple layers of underwear before going to get beat until one day my sister tried using a book, but dad spotted the foreign object. After that is was bare ass and belt. I laughed regardless of the pain. I think it all stopped when school showed an abuse awareness video where a child was burned with an iron. I went home and asked my mom to confirm she wouldn't do that to me. I think that is when it hit them this practice wasn't good. But they never apologized. I wish I could return the favor. You know, out of love.

BTW, my drill sergeant apologized to me in basic training for touching my arm while reprimanding me. I was shocked he apologized, but at that point I realized that the rules prevent him from doing that. Seems like if it isn't okay for the troops in general, then it isn't good for your children.

My parents use to say: one day you will thank us. I said: That will never happen. And, it never did.

dude, sounds like you need to fucking get over it. Are you going for the chip-on-both-shoulders "balanced" approach or something? If I whined about all the bad shit that's happened to me, my balls would have shriveled up and fallen off long ago. That's what happens, you know. I only say this because I care. sickie

My parents use to say: one day you will thank us. I said: That will never happen. And, it never did.

dude, sounds like you need to fucking get over it. Are you going for the chip-on-both-shoulders "balanced" approach or something? If I whined about all the bad shit that's happened to me, my balls would have shriveled up and fallen off long ago. That's what happens, you know. I only say this because I care. sickie

I wish I could. Facts are facts, I don't need you sympathy and my balls hang fine. If you don't like my posts don't read them.

I like your posts the most, Rob (really I do). I am done...

It's not kevbone's resistance to spanking that people were making fun of, it was his insistence that it's bad to make children do things they don't want to do or force them to follow rules.

I have a co-worker that has a hippy ass wife that is like this and I have watched their daughter turn into a drama queen harlot... all at the age of 6.

On the other hand, I always thought that I would be a kid spanker, but after having a kid; I don't have it in me. I think that it isn't really necessary if you are a consistent and strong leader for your child.

My parents never hit me, but my brother sure used to beat the shit out of me. But, now I'm bigger than he is and I've got a hot girlfriend, so it doesn't bother me anymore.

See what I'm saying? :yoda:

What if your sister beat the shit out of you and SHE has a hotter GF? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's not kevbone's resistance to spanking that people were making fun of, it was his insistence that it's bad to make children do things they don't want to do or force them to follow rules.

I have a co-worker that has a hippy ass wife that is like this and I have watched their daughter turn into a drama queen harlot... all at the age of 6.

Yeah, I've got a buddy with an only child who is a little terror. My kids, who are 2 & 4 years older are terrified of the little monster. He hits, kicks, pushes, takes toys away, throw fits, etc. If you bring the subject up to the parents they just ignore it all and let him rage. FAIL!

However, since he has a brewery & pool table, I'll let it slide. I just don't bring the kids with me there anymore.

...Almost to a person we all agreed that the occasional belt across the ass or hand to the back of the head was pretty damned effective in teaching us both right from wrong and was a pretty fair consequence for our various transgressions...

On the other hand, I always thought that I would be a kid spanker, but after having a kid; I don't have it in me. I think that it isn't really necessary if you are a consistent and strong leader for your child.
Gotta go with these guys for my sitmo... I deserved every damned whippin' I got. And every one was with my old man's belt across my bare ass. He'd hold on to one arm, and I'd run around him in circles with my pants around my knees trying to block the belt with the other hand. Rather ineffective... :lmao:

Once I got kids, I thought that eventually I'd have to do the same. But it's never come to that, and it's never needed to. I've treated my kids with love, respect, understanding, and as if they are small adults from Day One. And they've grown to be consciencious, kind, mature individuals. Sure, they have their moments, but none that have ever required (or even caused me to contemplate) a spanking.

Except that one time with Elaina over the Seven Scissors Transgressions (doll's hair, her own hair, dog's tail, screen door, down comforter cover, heirloom quilt, Dad's Nordstrom shirts...). One swat across her fully clothed butt put an end to it. The question I asked her mother was WTF were you during the first six transgressions??? :wazup:

My dad was president of his college fraternity and still has his old wooden paddle with all the names of pledges he whacked. Nine times out of ten, all he had to do was pull that old, taped up wooden frat paddle and we usually straightened right up. The other 1 out of 10, he used it with love.

annnnnd that is why I have serious misgivings about frats. Who the fuck hangs out with a group of people who spanks you in the ass with a paddle?

a kid I know on the lax team had to go to the strip club and get slapped repeatedly in the stomach by fat strippers for his hazing. If someone told me that I had to do that to hang out with them I would tell them to go fuck themselves and avoid them every time we shared the same general area.

what is it with people?

Edited by keenwesh

Following all your posts on this tread; you seem like a spoiled brat.

Nah, he just sounds "sensitive." I suppose we all have our quirks. For instance, I'm extremely selfish and ungrateful.

My dad was president of his college fraternity and still has his old wooden paddle with all the names of pledges he whacked. Nine times out of ten, all he had to do was pull that old, taped up wooden frat paddle and we usually straightened right up. The other 1 out of 10, he used it with love.

annnnnd that is why I have serious misgivings about frats. Who the fuck hangs out with a group of people who spanks you in the ass with a paddle?

a kid I know on the lax team had to go to the strip club and get slapped repeatedly in the stomach by fat strippers for his hazing. If someone told me that I had to do that to hang out with them I would tell them to go fuck themselves and avoid them every time we shared the same general area.

what is it with people?

:tup: Can I hang out w you if you treat me like shit? Just get married if you want that kind of abuse.

Ivan,

could you use the term "getting fratty"?

Thats actually kinda fun to do every once and a while. Get a 5th of something halfway decent and hit on girls in the douchiest way possible with "some bro's!", all the while swinging the 5th around so people know how hard you party and cool you are. Key words here are once in a while.

don't know if thats how your frat(ernity) was, but that's the stereotype.

Ivan,

could you use the term "getting fratty"?

Thats actually kinda fun to do every once and a while. Get a 5th of something halfway decent and hit on girls in the douchiest way possible with "some bro's!", all the while swinging the 5th around so people know how hard you party and cool you are. Key words here are once in a while.

don't know if thats how your frat(ernity) was, but that's the stereotype.

nah, my peeps were all inveterate stoners and masters of "doom" :)

as for the 5th, the whole university has a wonderful tradition of the "4th year 5th" whereby all responsible students must complete a 5th of their choosing before the conclusion of the last home football game of the year - suuuuure made that last game a human fucking zoo every fall :)

Your web search returned one opinion piece - chock full of logical inconsistencies that doesn't cite original research, but instead cites a Fox News article that doesn't cite original research - in a right-wing propaganda rag. Color me convinced.

Edited by E-rock