Satus Pass, WA Camping and Hiking

tele turnin

Title says it all, I'm interested in knowing of a good camping area around Satus Pass, WA (or just Goldendale)to go camping and hiking. Quick background, I was recently asked to be a Scoutmaster and have been living in Yakima for just over a year. I haven't done a ton of hiking in the area but am looking for something that may have minimal snow this time of year and where we could go for a 5 mile hike. Being around trees is a definite plus and Satus Pass looks like the closest area that will fit the bill. So like the title says I'm looking for a decent place to camp where we could also go for around a 5 mile hike. Thanks all.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info. i'll look into the above mentioned areas. we are really just looking for a spot to camp (with a campfire) and where we can easily go on a 5 mile hike that will require them to use a map/compass. a bonus would be that it is 1.5 hours give or take from yakima. they've been doing a lot of sleeping in snow caves lately so the idea is to get them out of the snow for this one.