ProMountainSports BD Sale: 20% Off

SmilingWhiteKnuckles

FYI. ProMountainSports is having an online sale through this Friday of Black Diamond products. Here are the details:

Save big on BD. All Black Diamond 20% off.

All Black Diamond equipment is on sale. Use coupon code BDSP2012 at check out to receive the 20% discount. Sale is online only and ends Friday 2/24/2012 at 7pm PST**.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mr. Texan (or maybe hey some of you other folks out there),

I have been camping under simple tarps for years and I have never owned a bivy sack. I used to work for Outward Bound and did dozens of trips about three weeks long, sleeping under a tarp every night while backpacking as well as climbing peaks in the Sierra and the Cascades. My sleeping bag (down) did not have a goretex shell.

I have done a lot of winter ski trips with the tarp as well. It is not a good option above timberline (for obvious reasons), but in the trees you can pretty much always set up a good shelter if the snowpack is over 4 feet deep or if your trees are "forest" and not just subalpine clumps. I've spent a lot of nights in a snow cave.

You can do it. You gotta work hard to stay dry, work hard to dry out when you get wet, and you can't ignore the situation when the tarp starts draining onto your bag. But you can do it.