Randonee bindings for mountain boots

keenwesh

I've got a pair of old tele skis and skins that I want to be able to use to approach ice in. I have size 48 (huge) baturas. Someone point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking at. Don't really care about downhill performance just something that'll allow me to get up to flanders/east fork quickly after mid december. slowshoeing takes forever.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also use Fritschis. I use them with Scarpa Freneys and with Scarpa Omegas, works just fine. I usd to think you had to hunt around for old Silvrettas but not so. If you're buying 404s they're probably old and used and likely to fall apart. I've had three pairs of 404s and they all eventually break.

Fritschis get my vote.

bought reg sized 404's, if they don't fit (measured the soles of my boots and they are exactly 13 3/8ths long) I have a buddy out here in MT who needs a size reg and he has a large he'll trade me for. Not too worried about breaking them, not gong to be doing much downhill, just flat snowed in road approaches. I suck at skiing (used to ski way back in the day but stupidly started snowboarding because it's "cooler", 10 year old dumbass...) and I really suck with mountaineering boots. Might try the strap coming off the front of the ski. Like I said, I have baturas, and am not going to buy a new pair of boots. They don't even make spantiks in my size, and the baturas are so much better than the old heavy plastics I used to use.

my foot size limits me on the used market. BTW I've been trying to sell a pair of garmont boots for the last 2 years in size 49, posted them many times on both this and other websites. If anyone wants them I'm selling them super cheap, figure it's worth another try here. message me for more info.

thanks for all the info though! I'm stoked that I won't have to borrow other peoples shit next year and for a couple weekends this year. The main fork of hyalite is a zoo weekends, although I'm glad no one came up to cleos yesterday, my flailing on the 2nd pitch would have been embarrassing with a peanut gallery below.