ROCK swing!

rockwizardboss

This looks amazing! Anyone ever done it or something like it before?

*link removed*

sorry folks, a little looking and i see this is just link spam. you can find the video using google if you're really curious...though i'm pretty sure that is not the "world's biggest rock swing"

Edited by olyclimber

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Arches National Park might not be fans of that kind of lifestyle. :grlaf:

Corona Arch - which is on BLM managed land so climbing on it is legal:

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/hiking_trails/corona_arch_trail.html

You can rappel from it as well: http://climb-utah.com/Moab/corona.htm

Looks like another big way to ruin a big sandstone arch.

Set up five big bolted anchors and enjoy all da scooby-doo-ing!

"Yee ha! Look at me! Weeeeeee!"

Thoughtless goof-balls!

I can't help but feel that there's a group of you that are ban wagon bitchers. I've watched this in thread after thread. One guy post something then someone finds a way that it goes against there so called climbing code. Then BOOM! Open the flood gates to the bitch fest. Your threads are like my people magazine, I just get hooked.

I can't help but feel that there's a group of you that are ban wagon bitchers. I've watched this in thread after thread. One guy post something then someone finds a way that it goes against there so called climbing code. Then BOOM! Open the flood gates to the bitch fest. Your threads are like my people magazine, I just get hooked.

tumblr_lqh1nqNLFn1r25scio1_500.jpg

JosephH, you crack me up; I did not know BASE jumping was so safe relative to rope swings. What is the point of your link? You selling Petzl gear? Side question, have you ever climbed above a small microstopper?

To the OP, the production of the video is certainly strange; I definitely felt like I was supposed to buy something. Like was said earlier in the thread, this must be a self-promotion/portfolio project...

edit to say - i see the link is put in there CC.com - oops - disregard.

Edited by orion_sonya

I like bitching about spelling.

I think we should try to find a place at Beacon where we can set up a swing like this, way to much fun!!!

wayne told a story a long time ago about doing just that, i think though it was on the now-verbotten east side - seem to recall them do progessively bigger n' bigger swings until someone ate it into the trees at the end of the arc :)

I like bitching about spelling.

NICE!