***SOLD>>> EDDIE BAUER KARA KORAM PARKA & HOOD***

KEN LARSON

While this parka is not in the category of backpacking light thermal equipment, it is a piece of clothing for someone who might have an alternative use for it. This is a vintage parka made by a company that specialized in down equipment that I would like to get out of my closet since there is no hope of me using it since I am dealing with multiple myeloma cancer. It is in beautiful condition. I have used it can attest to its cold weather capabilities and durability. This parka is the finest article of cold weather, high-altitude equipment in its day. For 30 years, it became the gold standard for high-altitude gear, chosen by many of the century's greatest expeditions, including several that made epic first ascents.

Capture1.JPG

Specifications:

Eddie Bauer (1970 Edition) Kara Koram Expedition Parka with Hood

SIZE: Medium

Goose Down filled (700+fp)

Made in America," in Seattle Washington by Eddie Bauer

60/40 Cloth (outer), 1.9 oz. Ripstop Nylon (inner)…”bomb proof material!”

Weight: 2.44lbs

Weather Rating: Arctic Cold, Tested to -30*F/-34*C

Constructed with an integrated, down-insulated hood; adjustable hood, waist and hem; and rib-knit cuffs to seal out cold.

You opened and close the coat by means of a heavy brass zipper, backed up with large buttons and has a down draft backing tube behind all of this. The Eddie Bauer Kara Koram Parka has seen much duty in the Arctic and Antarctic, as well as on numerous climbing expeditions.

This parka has NO rips OR holes

The condition of the parka, based on a scale of 1 – 10(best), would be an 8+ because of the slight staining around the neck collar.

Most parka’s of this quality today run from $300 - $800, depending on manufacture, down quality, and material use. I would be willing to sell this for:

>>>>>> $145 shipped FREE in CONUS<<<<<<

If you think that price is too high, and would like to make me a COUNTER OFFER please do as I would like to provide a new home for this parka!

Pay PayPal Personal Payment OR USPS Money Order

For further information or communications through my email: kenlarson40@chartermi.net

Edited by KEN LARSON

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic