Avalanche Forecasts iPhone app now available

Summit_Rolos

All,

I've recently written an iPhone app that displays avalanche conditions "at-a-glance", across multiple forecast regions/centers.

As of today, the app is now available for download in the iTunes app store! You can view it here, to see a description and screenshots:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/avalanche-forecasts/id501231389?mt=8

My goal is to make avalanche forecasts more readily accessible to folks heading out into the backcountry. Bottom-line danger levels are shown color-coded for each forecast region on a map, based on the selected timeframe (Today/Tomorrow/2 Days Out). Clicking on any region brings up the detailed avalanche forecast from the source forecasting center. All content is cached for offline use, so you can refer back to the information you've seen even if you lose coverage in the mountains. I currently have it working with the NWAC, CAIC, CAC, and Parks Canada forecasting centers (40 regions total). I'd like to eventually include all the avalanche forecasting centers across North America.

Please go forth and download!

I have a few requests for you all:

1) Please share the word with others who would be interested.

2) If you like the app, please add a 5 star app review for it! (you can do this via the App Store on your iPhone, or via iTunes on your computer)

3) Please send me feedback on the app and ideas for improvements.

Thanks,

Seth

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic