[TR] Snoqualmie - NY Gully, again 2/11/2012

downey

Trip: Snoqualmie - NY Gully, again

Date: 2/11/2012

Trip Report:

NYG is in great, so get after it! There's enough sticky ice/snice to cover up much of the mixed climbing i've read about (my first time on the peak).

Looks like there's a lot of ice on that peak right now...

Also,

My belay parka (green, stuffed in it's pocket pouch) came unclipped while I was climbing the first dihedral pitch (the 'money' pitch :D ). Couldn't find it at the base of the route.. might be on a ledge somewhere. If you find it, please let me buy you a beer or something to have it back!

This was a really fun climb, close to the road and it deserves the extra attention it gets on cc.com. Here's some more pics for ya:

newyorkgully_4.jpgnewyorkgully_3.jpgnewyorkgully_2.jpgnewyorkgully_1.jpg

Gear Notes:

Brought green C3- #3 Camalot plus orange, red, black metolius, a stubby, and several pins (Knifeblades and LA's), med-sm nuts, a dozen slings and a couple double length, twin ropes.

A less beefy rack would have been fine in these conditions IMO.

Approach Notes:

No floatation required... a little soft coming down though.

Edited by downey

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha knew i'd catch some response like this.

It's fair game, so it's yours if you got it without being dammed to climbing hell. Having that said, I'd appreciate it back. Here's a compromise - let's go climbing some time and I'll buy the gas... AND a beer?... and burger? no sexual favors though, sorry (in case you were trying to be discrete ;).