Pissing on the summit

B Deleted_Beck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainier is totally different. Most people don't even go to THE actual high point.

So most people don't actually summit Rainier?

I've never climbed it, myself, but that's my understanding... it's another 45 minutes walk around the rim from the dog routes to gain like 8-10' to the actual highest spot, so most people just opt to call it quits at the rim.

Rainier is totally different. Most people don't even go to THE actual high point.

I've never climbed it, myself, but that's my understanding... it's another 45 minutes walk around the rim from the dog routes to gain like 8-10' to the actual highest spot, so most people just opt to call it quits at the rim.

I dunno, I still tagged it last time even though it was a few minutes out of the way. There's a huge trough from the DC side to the side with the summit "bump" so, quite a few head there.

As for pissing on the summit, generally, those that plan ahead piss a few minutes before getting there. Back to the OP - why not piss before the bergschrund on Hood? (or in it) :-)

The finish on the Emmons/Winthrop is pretty close to the top FYI. It's a "dog route" I suppose...

My specialty :)

d

The finish on the Emmons/Winthrop is pretty close to the top FYI. It's a "dog route" I suppose...

My specialty :)

d

Oh, yeah, true. And the walk across it from the top of the DC is only like 15 minutes, not 45.

I can see why some forego the walk from Lib Cap to the true summit though. That's a bit more of haul.