Pissing on the summit

B Deleted_Beck

Maybe it's been discussed before?

Well I'm bringing it up.

Spray all you want... I'm serious.

I've done it. I think everyone's done it. You gotta piss, probably pretty bad... so you whip it out and do it. You're outside, everyone's been pissing wherever they stand the whole way up the mountain- it just seems natural to let it go wherever you are.

But the summit... Am I the only one who considers the summit Holy Ground? It's not the rest of the mountain- it's different. It's the destination... it's the whole-point... it's the reason we've been killing ourselves and risking life and limb for the last 3-10 hours of our lives. And then you finally get there, the sun breaks, and what do you see?

100_3295.JPG

You can only readily see like 5 spots here, but there was acutally like 8 or 9 all right there. And some of you guys SERIOUSLY need to drink more water.

Can we come to a collective agreement as a community to stop pissing on the actual high point on the summit of my beloved Mount Hood? I generally piss off the cliff onto the Coe Headwall... anybody bat-shit crazy enough to climb that thing would probably like the idea of climbing through human waste. But anywhere's fine... just please keep like 25' diameter at the top piss-free, please.

Edited by Ben B.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was camping at Illumination saddle a few years ago, and decided to dig up some snow to melt for water. Well, that seems fine and all, and as I dug a small pit to get my snow ( you know, that surface snow is shit, so I wanted "older" snow to melt) I found a "blue bag" full of feces. I had already been brewing up the snow into water at that point. I swear, after I found that, my nalgene smelled like I was huffing a Jenkem bag. I gagged with every drink.

BTW, if you piss on anything on the west side of Hood, it goes into the Sandy River. Not like that matters anyways, since I piss in the Sandy when I go fishing around Dodge Park... And I am not the only one.

Rainier is totally different. Most people don't even go to THE actual high point. Rainier, Adams, Saint Helens... any other big-summit mountain- You can piss on the "summit," and walk for another quarter mile and take another piss and you're still pissing on the "summit."

But some mountains, Hood barely, but truly, fitting into this class, have a very small high-point. If there's a lot of people up there, they all sort of crowd in and trip over each others' shit and get their Nike swoosh nalgenes mixed up and so forth- small summit, small area for guys to defile.

Speaking of such things, though... WTF do chicks do? Do they go hide in some hidden chick-squat snow holes nobody else knows about? For all my 10-15 pisses I usually take all the way up the mountain, I've never seen a chick take a squat.

I would totally cop a peak if I did, though..

bananamac.gif