dream

Cairns

This will likely exceed your attention

Hey, come back here!

span.

But for my 28th post I’ve decided to go long.

I dimly recall other posts about dreams, but they fade like snafflehound burps at wake of day.

begin dream

So I was in a crowd of people heading for work when I look down and see a quarter on a patch of grass. Reach to pick it up and there is a dollar coin, too. There is also an array of shiny orthopedic hardware and some 2-dollar coins and notes which a doctor has been making about a patient.

At work in a vaguely hospital setting. A woman asks for a container of cream and points to some shelves. Can’t find it. Try some cigarettes on her. "No, it’s big", she says. Expand the search and find the cream and point out to the lady that it looks like hospital equipment so it was on the wrong shelf.

An evil dude is up to mischief. Face painted like the Joker's. Climbs walls and can grasp sections of our reality and manipulate them as though they were stage sets. Then I’m carrying his head down a hospital corridor and it’s behaving like two water balloons which keep slipping away.

4 of us, no, 3 of us, no 4 of us sitting around a table talking about a departed friend. One of us is telling a story we know is going to be funny. It seems the departed friend was a devil-may-care type who wasn’t worried when he was told that he wouldn’t be able to pick his nose in heaven. He responds with some line we all find hilarious and we adopt the line as our motto and raise glasses of some clear liquid shot through with light and there is a lot of confusion and false starts and inability to keep track of whose glass has touched which other glasses, not to mention the whole scene seems to be shaking.

Go through a door. A produce market, a woman points to a broom, start sweeping, only a little embarrassed to be wearing no pants. When I need to go to the back of the store for something I pull on some pants but a guy walks in the door and we all sit down and he asks why we don’t turn a section of the store into a bar. I say that half the store used to be a bar and point to the furnishings, thinking if they wanted a bar they would have left it that way. Get up and walk out, feeling pleased to have dodged the topic.

Down a hall to a recess which could be a nursing station on a hospital ward. People standing there who are cascadesclimbers. Can’t identify them as individuals because can’t see their faces, except for Dru who is sitting and seems to be in charge and Fern who is saying something they all agree with.(!) Thinking they all look about the same age and they need an old guy and a 14-year old in the group.

end dream

Please interpret.

Other possibly relevant information:

I won’t go into the details that local right-winger Trevor Lautens did in our community rag, about having sex with his wife, but no unturned rocks in that department.

Definite sleep deprivation. Time of event somewhere between 1400 and 1800 after a solid month of night shift.

Last intake beer

17-pound cat sleeping on my shoulder and ear

Bed not adjusted to magnetic lines of force although a nurse once showed me how to find them with a coat-hanger

South African flag amongst dirty dishes on kitchen counter

Recent to-do with Lord Slime of rec.climbing over bizarre method for simul-climbing in the gym

Why bring it up here, though?

http://www.jaguarmoon.org/public/Dream/Halak.html

So am I about to do some crime? Can you save me and society the anguish?

Andy Cairns

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic