[TR] Liming, Yunnan, China - Multiple trad routes 1/29/2012

Trip: Liming, Yunnan, China - Multiple trad routes

Date: 1/29/2012

Trip Report:

Type: 2011-12 Development trip

Hey all, the team and I have been busy in China's first traditional climbing area. So far we have established over 85 new routes this season. Including Air China, a 5.13d put up by Matt Segal and multiple 5.12 and 12+/13-'s put up by myself and Eben Farnworth. I will be putting a new guidebook out at the end of the trip in the beginning of march. It will be available for free at junshanclimber.com so please check it out! Thank you Black Diamond and Kailas for sponsorship!

There has been rumor of access issue in Liming and over the last few months we have never been told not to climb and the government officials have been giving us thumbs up! Turns out they are building a hostel for climbers and backpackers in the Liming village. Looks like they see the value in our work and its great to be of service! Here are a few pictures for stoke! Love you all and come shred in China, Mike Dobie and team

Pitch 2 of Back to the Primitive went free at 11d/12a...I don't know which...you be the judge

Guide_Book-4445.jpg

Mick on The Great Owl 5.9

Guide_Book-4038.jpg

Eben Farnworth our photographer from the UK on a first ascent of a route that has yet to go free

Guide_Book-2943.jpg

Mike d on a route that Matt segal put up called the Faraway corner, went free at 5.11+

Guide_Book-1702.jpg

One valley that has seen most of the development There are at least eight more like this over 40 square kilometers.

0261.JPG

Gear Notes:

Cams, cams, cams, and slings and a 60m

Approach Notes:

Fly to Lijiang, China and take the three hour bus to Liming. Bring money and tape.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Adam, probably not going to be back around the US for a long time. We have a few other projects we are working on here on an epic scale. You should go on a climbing holiday to China man! Get some first ascents! Hope your well dude!

And Rad you rock man! I still remember that sweet route you put up next to Guillotine at 38. Sweet route man and sorry I couldn't get back to it this last summer. Miss you guys!!

Mike d