Colorado representin...

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

figured i'd use the occasion of i502 to do a debate w/ my seniors on the subject over the next 2 weeks - just saw the frontline "pot republic" piece and will use that, but wanna come preach to the choir anyhow? :)

Very interesting Frontline piece. Surprise Oakland! Justice department says it's illegal even with a state medical mojo law! My guess is that if, and a big if, it passes here in WA it will unravel in a sad, short , and similar fashion once the state receives the Justice Dept letter.

figured i'd use the occasion of i502 to do a debate w/ my seniors on the subject over the next 2 weeks - just saw the frontline "pot republic" piece and will use that, but wanna come preach to the choir anyhow? :)

Very interesting Frontline piece. Surprise Oakland! Justice department says it's illegal even with a state medical mojo law! My guess is that if, and a big if, it passes here in WA it will unravel in a sad, short , and similar fashion once the state receives the Justice Dept letter.

as a proud southerner, i've amble historical faith in the power of a fuckload of states refusing to obey :)

at any rate, prohibition has not been an insurmountable obstacle in the past, and its only for the best that the movement now move away from the charade of medicinal use (which was also, believe or not, a big part of the resistance to alcohol's prohibition, and throughout that period a lucrative yet silly way around the barrier - as was "religious exceptions," as jews were permitted an annual legal amount, which apparently caused a bloom in the population of rabbis such that, for a while, they outnumbered the actual national population of jews! :) )

as a proud southerner, i've amble historical faith in the power of a fuckload of states refusing to obey :)

Yea, and look how well that worked out. The biggest advantage now being home to the Piggly Wiggly chain and inventor of po' boys. Hopefully we'll stave off that fate.

Yea, and look how well that worked out. The biggest advantage now being home to the Piggly Wiggly chain and inventor of po' boys. Hopefully we'll stave off that fate.

hey now, don't fuck w/ piggly wiggly - that guy's a national treasure!

hey now, don't fuck w/ piggly wiggly - that guy's a national treasure!

:lmao: I can laugh cuz I know what a Piggly Wiggly is, too.

:lmao: I can laugh cuz I know what a Piggly Wiggly is, too.

my nana stored the iced animal cookies in a plastic piggly wiggly w/ a detachable head :)

Massive Resistance on the part of the south in opposition to civil rights was of course monstrous, but undoubtedly successful in that it worked for a century before the usa evolved enough to defeat it - i don't plan on living another 100 years, however, and will settle for an opposition to a long-lived and patently ridiculous prohibition scheme along those lines at the moment :grin: