any difference between the 2 gopro models?

genepires

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gene, I will look at mine tonight and see what model it is and compare the specs.

One thing I would highly recommend is the add on view screen as the device comes with no way to view or review the footage until downloaded to your pc. That is my biggest complaint.

The button functions and operating controls are somewhat cryptic and require some memorization as to their functions. I often have to refer to the instructions.

the "non-nakked" versions just come with assortments of mounts. so if you know exactly how youll use it and which mounts you need, best get the naked, then uy specific mounts online.

only two mounts ive used so far are the bike/handlebar mount,and headstrap.

So is there a difference between the GoPro HD Hero2 Outdoor Edition and the regular hero naked model? (besides the $100 difference at rei)

New to this kind of gear so the descriptions make no sense to me.

thanks in advance,

gene

There seems to be a huge difference. Read the specs on the boxes side by side. Anyway, check out this video.

I've been going back and forth between the two and think i'm going to pick up a Hero2 tomorrow. Seems to handle light changes quicker and work better in low light. 11MP camera compared to 5 if your doing still shots.

Is that what you used on your Chair Peak video? Hey, and I hope to see you at VW Redmond sometime - I don't climb above 5.10a yet, but I'm gettin there...

Nice video on the Chair Peak climb. I need to put together my multi-pitch climb from Ouray but I haven't done the video editing yet.