day hike

kimmyc

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have climbed with Aaron Misuik too, and this smells of a troll...

36 miles rt is not a day hike for most...

Depends if you are a sissy or a real climber who does not mind big days and an open biv every now and again, offer still stands or I guess I will do this alone.

I believe that Mark K. and Shawn C. and one other person set the record for climbing Olympus car to car. It was around 14 hours. They ran up the trail, climbed it, and ran down. I remember Mark was pissed because he stopped to take one photo and Shawn didn't wait and Mark didn't catch him till the trailhead. funny stuff!

Edit: They set the record at the time, 13.5 hours, breaking the old record by 1/2 hour. This new 11.5 hour record is quite impressive!

Edited by stevetimetravlr

Just reminded me of all the emails I get from foreign countries from folks I've never heard of, written with weird diction and describing fairy tales like how I can make a cool $500k.

That trip BTW would NEVER be called a day hike. Kinda like how the Nose can be done in a day, but nobody calls it a day climb. When people say "day hike" that usually means you can expect to run across church groups, mounties or boy scouts.

Hope you weren't surprised folks were asking wtf and wtf?

Be pretty sweet if you pull it off, BTW you planning on using skis? That would also not be a hike.