Fuggs Falls

Paul_detrick

So Ive seen no ice on Fuggs for the last couple years,at least not the way I remenber. Went rockclimbing Dec.2nd and when we were done went to check it out.

Lots of water close to the rim,100ft or so but just disappeared,so hike back and found a pond with water running out but not like it should. We took out two good sized rocks someone had put in as a small dam.{game department??} Took them out and now Fuggs is back in. Lots of water pouring over.

So climbed it today, in hard shape lots of snow covered by rimeice. Should just get better with this weather. So go and get it..GetAttachment_2_.jpgGetAttachment_1_.jpg

Edited by Paul_detrick

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pics???

Sheeee-it, man. Fuggs was the last ice I got on, like 2 years ago. WTF am I doing with my life anyway...???

I remember that.

Paul, any chance running gear death wall has this similar problem? Such a fun climb when its in, but that was four or so years ago.

Edited by kevino

J Park and I climbed Fugs Falls yesterday. It was in, but had quite a bit of running water. I imagine that it won't stick around much longer with the highs near 40 (though it still does get below freezing at night).

Thanks for clearing the way to get this one flowing again. I've always been curious about ice climbing here when I look over at it from the rock at Sunshine Wall.

Here's a pic of P1

2627838310101779210S600x600Q85.jpg

And P2

2994218420101779210S600x600Q85.jpg

I've written up a full trip report here:

http://students.washington.edu/climb/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=37967#p37967