[TR] Snowpocalypse 2012!!!!!! - Lookout Mountain Snowplow 1/15/2012

tvashtarkatena

Trip: Snowpocalypse 2012!!!!!! - Lookout Mountain Snowplow

Date: 1/15/2012

Trip Report:

4500 vertical, 20 degrees, 3 feet of new, 8 men, probably less than one fully functioning brain between 'em.

Lookout Mountain Pics

Somewhat robust conditions on Saturday. Chose to avoid the avi terrain on the way up by short cutting the trail via a ridgeline. Sunday was an absolute stunner.

Gear Notes:

Skis (next time)

Approach Notes:

Dogged army of trogs

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rollicking redneck time, hooooly shit batman! - brawling in the bar-room 60 feet above the deck, boys booting over the railing before dawn, olympic turd tossing off the cliffs - snow so fine and deep a snorkel not a bad addition

at the seattle train-station at 0643 perhaps the finest bit of the whole trip - fresh off a talk on the tragic lack of down-jackets amongst the downtrodden who flock about the station-house rather like wharf-rats on a half-sunk hulk, we imagined a charity to right that wrong: "puffies for panhandlers"

20 minutes later i'm laying about the cushy chairs, putting out the vibe, when things go south out on the street - a homeless gentleman awakes next to his new squeeze, who he shakes up and attempts to commence amorous activities with - she has no need of his essence though, and roundly tells him to fuck off - nursing an unknown hangover however, our primed protagonist does not hear her - a few seconds later she produces pepper spray and fills his face from a foot away - as a hundred god-fearing would-be train-travelers look on in an array of horror and delight, she stalks off into the predawn madness of ice and cold and he, screaming, slouches towards the bathroom to spend the next half hour vomiting pepper-chunks rather like a firehose - almost made the train being an hour late worthwhile :)

What is up with the prune hands? Looked too cold to have that kind of wetness....

i could sweat at absolute zero :)

my mitts were pretty damn wet from day 1, from a combination of sweating, pouring snow, the fact the mitt shells were not sealed tight above my wrists, and a million handplants in the powder while slipping about - coulda dried them against my body that night, but i was too happy being drunk too care...

Edited by ivan